On December 2, the National Library Headquarters in the university campus of Alcalá de Henares will hold an Open Doors Day to celebrate the commemoration of the declaration of the city of Alcalá de Henares as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
Published first in www.diariodealcala.es. Visitors will discover its facilities, collections, deposits, services, as well as the methods and work processes that are performed. This BNE headquarters consists of six deposit towers, totaling about 260 kilometers of shelves.
One of these towers is occupied by a robotic tank 15 meters high and with a capacity of 2,000,000 books, which can also be seen by visitors.
The Open Doors Day will start at 10 am to 1 pm. Four visit passes will be stablished: 10 am, 11 am, 12 am and 1 pm. Mandatory pre-registration at 91 58 078 94.
- Monday, December 2, 2013, 10:00 am to 1 pm.
- National Library Headquarters in Alcalá de Henares. Carretera de Alcalá-Meco, Km. 1,600.
- Access: Urban bus – Line 12.
- Mandatory pre-registration at 91 580 78 94.
- Limited capacity (25 people maximum per group).